Commercial Tax Grievance
Reductions for commercial tax grievance could take up to 3-5 years to receive a reduction although the norm is 2-3 years. The good news is the reduction generally will be applied back to the year it was filed. If you have questions regarding your grievance for a commercial property please call us at 631-782-3177 and ask to speak with Adam Heller.
Real estate tax certiorari is the legal process by which a commercial property owner challenges the real estate tax assessment of a property to reduce its assessment, resulting in lower real estate taxes.
Heller & Consultants Tax Grievance represents property owners in real property tax assessment challenge matters. Representative clients include residential property owners as well as owners of commercial properties such as office buildings, factories, warehouses, retail stores, restaurants, shopping centers, hotels, hospitals and a major educational institution.
We are familiar with the stringent deadlines and procedures which must be followed in order to preserve our clients’ claims. We advocate for our clients throughout the entire process, commencing with the filing of a grievance complaint, to appearances before the Board of Assessment Review, the filing of a petition, negotiations, at trial and on appeal.
Our current clients range from national and regional entities — including the area’s most prominent banking institutions, businesses, and organizations. The following is a list of the type of commercial properties we handle:
- Shopping centers, department stores, and regional malls
- Apartment complexes, cooperatives, and condominiums
- Self-storage facilities
- Golf and country clubs
- Pharmaceutical facilities
- R&D campus facilities
- Movie theaters
- Contaminated properties
- Recreational facilities (tennis, swim clubs, etc.)
- Big box stores
Request a NO Obligation Commercial Tax Grievance Analysis
One of our tax grievance experts will contact you shortly after receiving your application.
Did you know?
- You don’t need to own a commercial property to grieve, in most cases tenants may file as well.
- One of the largest costs incurred by businesses today are local property taxes.
- Even if you are leasing a commercial building or space you are still most likely paying property taxes to your landlord. Grieving will lower your monthly lease payments, boosting your all important bottom line.
- Many of our clients have received thousands, or in some cases hundreds of thousands, of dollars in property tax refunds.
- Call us today to find out what savings you may be entitled to? Or click on the Commercial Application button to file online instantaneously with no paperwork.