Almost everyone uses social media these days. But are you really taking advantage of all it has to offer?
Real estate agents are some of the best marketers and networkers in an offline person-to-person environment. You’re gifted at getting to know your clients, getting involved in your communities, and connecting with your local markets.
But, how good are you at applying this to your social media?
Social media provides a way to further connect with your local clients and groups and boost your marketing efforts. Your online presence can build trust and spread your marketing through friends of friends, and even their friends!
But how do you do it?
Facebook is a great place to start. Why? According to a recent study, Facebook has 1.13 Billion daily active users.
1. Set up a Facebook Page. Be sure to set up a separate business page. Don’t use your personal Facebook account for your real estate services. Business pages offer a lot of features that can help you to promote your business
2. Post about Your Neighborhood. Show off your listings’ community. This markets both the area to potential residents and it shows your passion and knowledge of the area where you are selling homes. If there is a new community center being built, post about it. Talk about how it will improve the community for both new and existing residents.
3. Use Images! Images on Facebook are the most engaging types of content. The more Likes, shares and comments your posts get, the more they will be viewed by the masses.
4. Post about Current Events. Post about local events in your town. If you’re going to a neighborhood event, tell your Fans, and invite them to join you.
5. Show you Care About Your Clients. You already do this in person, so show you care about your clients on your Facebook Page too. Welcome new homeowners on possession day! Be careful to respect privacy by not mentioning names. The new clients know who they are, and it shows prospective buyers that you genuinely care and follow up.
6. Post Your Listings. Yes, use Facebook to post your listings also. The golden rule in social media is 80/20. That is – 80% of your content should be about lifestyle, customer interests, and other updates. 20% of your content should be about you and your product. This keeps your social media social, and engaging.
When you post your listings, keep the personality of you and your Facebook Page. This is not a print ad. Tell about the home and it’s highlights, but keep it engaging.
7. Use Geo-targeted ads. Facebook lets you target your ads very specifically. You can use promoted posts to get your content seen by other Facebookers in a specific geographic target market.